When looking for things to do when stuck at home, I came across this video that left me completely speechless! I couldn’t believe it.
Elementary students are curious, creative, and always want to have fun! That’s why we compiled a list of 1001 activities for kids in school. We have activity ideas for all personality types and skill level. Indoor activities, outside activities, games, crafts, and even screen-time recommendations.
Scuba diver petting friendly shark
Seven years ago Rick Anderson happened upon a female shark pup, only six-inches-long, while out for a dive. He approached the pup slowly so as not to scare her off and gave her a few gentle pets. What started out as a cool story to tell his friends soon turned into a seven year love affair between man and shark. Working as a dive instructor, one of Rick’s favorite things to do is show his students his favorite shark. She just comes up to him. Loves to be petted, handled. He doesn’t feed her, doesn’t try to give her any incentive other than his affection, and she laps it up. Take a look!
Everyone who spends time in and around marine animals has their own ‘fish tales’ to tell, but Rick’s might be the biggest and the best. I don’t know if he’s ever thought to name his shark pal, but I’d go for ‘Fluffy’ myself. What a cutie pie…you know…if you can get past those rows of giant teeth.
Want to see more great videos?
Need More Shark Facts for Kids?
(Contains affiliated links.)
- Shark Books: The Ultimate Shark Book for Kids
- Shark Lady: The True Story of How Eugenie Clark Became the Ocean’s Most Fearless Scientist
- Super Shark Encyclopedia
- Shark (DK Eyewitness Books)
Want more Shark Fun?
- You won’t believe there are sharks in underwater volcano.
- Check the terrifying experience captain ben chancey had with a shark!
- Here are fin-tastic ideas to make the coolest shark craft.
- Make an adorable origami shark.
- Everyone will love making these shark tooth necklace for kids that you can make together.
- Decorate your fridge with a homemade shark magnet.
- Turn a paper plate into a paper shark.
- This shark paper plate craft is perfect for kids of all ages.
- Celebrate shark week with shark week coloring pages.
- Yummy! These shark snacks are delicious!
- Get ready for shark week with scary shark treats!
- Learn how to make blue jello ocean cups with gummy sharks!
- You can crochet a baby shark mask for the entire family!
- Rainy day? Here are more shark printables to color at home!
- This easy to draw baby shark printable is perfect for a quiet afternoon in.