What’s a weekend without an Italian dinner, right? Try one of these 5 Traditional Italian Recipes for Dinner Tonight!
Fantastic Italian Dishes for Dinner
I am always impressed with Italian cuisine. It’s light, flavorful, and it looks simple. So here’s a list of some Italian dishes you can serve to your family whether it’s a special night, or you’re just craving some delicioso dinner!
This article contains affiliate links.
1. Easy Garlic Bread Recipe
Of all the bread in the world, garlic bread is one of the classics! It’s easy and so tasty! I just love how good it is, so here’s the recipe for you to try!
Ingredients Needed To Make Garlic Bread:
- French baguette
- 1/4 cup fresh Garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 Tablespoon unsalted Butter
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Salt
- 1/3 cup Parsley, chopped
- Black pepper
The best compliment to any Italian dish is this Easy Garlic Bread recipe from Burnt Macaroni. It’s super easy and really yummy!
2. Tasty Antipasto Recipe
This antipasto recipe is just so good. The right blend of spices in the seashell pasta is simply the best!
Ingredients Needed To Make Antipasto:
- 1 pound Seashell pasta
- 1/4 pound Genoa Salami, chopped
- 1/2 pound Asiago Cheese, diced
- 1 6-oz can Black Olives, drained and chopped
- 1 Green Pepper, chopped
- Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 .7-oz package Dry Italian Style Salad dressing mix
- 3/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Dried Oregano
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Parsley
- 1 Tablespoon grated Parmesan Cheese
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
How To Make Antipasto:
- Follow directions to cook the pasta until al dente (slightly undercooked). Drain and rinse with cool water.
- In a bowl, combine the pasta, salami, Asiago cheese, black olives, green bell pepper, and tomatoes.
- Stir in the Italian Style salad dressing mix, cover, and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- To prepare the dressing, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, oregano, parsley, parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Pour over salad, just before serving.
3. Pasta Salad with Tomatoes and Basil Recipe
This pasta salad with tomatoes and basil is another personal favorite of mine. Look through the recipe and see how easy it is to make! Bon Appetit!
Ingredients Needed To Make Pasta Salad With Tomatoes and Basil:
- 1 box Farfalle pasta
- 3 large Tomatoes, cored, seeded, and cut into slices
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- Garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup Fresh Basil, shredded
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- Pepper to taste
How To Make Pasta Salad With Tomatoes and Basil:
- In a large pot, cook the pasta in salted water. Follow instructions for al dente pasta (slightly undercooked).
- While pasta is cooking, combine the tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, basil, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper, in a large bowl.
- Add drained pasta to the tomato mixture, and then mix.
- Serve immediately.
4. Savory Stuffed Shells Recipe
If you want to try something new, this stuffed shells recipe is for you. Italian dishes have a trademark with the perfect blend of cheese and spices, and this one is a great example of that!
Ingredients Needed To Make Savory Stuffed Shells:
- 24-25 Jumbo Pasta Shells
- 1 large Egg
- 2 cups Ricotta Cheese
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Chives, minced
- Jar of Pasta Sauce
I love all Italian food, but one of my favorites is this Stuffed Shells recipe, from Burnt Macaroni! The creamy cheese mixture would work for other Italian favorites, too.
5. Easy Italian Cookies Recipe
Complete your meal with this super easy and tasty Italian cookies recipe. You’ll never go wrong in serving these to your family!
Ingredients Needed To Make Italian Cookies:
- 1/2 cup Butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 3 teaspoons Baking Powder
How To Make Italian Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a liner.
- In a large bowl, mix together the butter and sugar. Add the egg and vanilla, and then combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour and baking powder.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the egg mixture, until well combined.
- Divide dough. Roll each piece into a rope, and then shape into a loop.
- Place the cookies onto the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until the cookies are firm and golden around the edges.
Fall and Winter Recipes for the Whole Family
- 5 Fantastic Fall Side Dishes
- 50+ Pumpkin Recipes to Make This Fall
- 20 Delicious Fall Slow Cooker Recipes
- 5 Quick and Easy Fall Apple Recipes
What is your favorite Italian meal? Comment below!