If you’re planning a little Valentine’s Day photoshoot with your kiddos, here is some awesome inspiration!
Each holiday I love taking a few fun, themed photographs of my little ones. Valentine’s Day is one of my favorites because I love the bright red and pink colors. And who doesn’t love balloons, conversation hearts and sweet treats?
You can go as as simple or elaborate as you want. Even just stepping outside with a giant red sucker will do the trick!
Adorable Valentine’s Day Photoshoot Ideas
Needing some help this Valentine’s Day? We have Free Printable Valentine’s Day Cards for you!
Valentine Photo Ideas – Chalkboard
I thought we would start with the Valentine Day chalk board idea. The first photo in this article shows heart shaped thought bubbles which is pretty cute.
Or make it more of a scene…this is such a cute Valentine photoshoot idea to have a heart being pulled out of a magic hat!
Valentine Photo Ideas – Balloons
It is pretty cute how a simple prop like some heart shaped balloons can totally make a photoshoot special and feel more Valentine-y. I love the sweet soft colors in this Valentine photo.
Red balloons and a bowtie standing in the countryside is a really cute Valentine photoshoot idea for just about any age child. Check out the cool photos from this photoshoot by MCP Actions.
Another idea I thought was super cute was to use a bunch of balloons as a place for a group of kids to look. The photo results are adorable…
Another way to use balloons is to make the child part of the balloon bouquet. I thought this one was a great idea for kids of all ages.
Valentine Photo Ideas – Props
So many cute ideas for Valentine photos with props. The most obvious is hearts! Here is a more formal heart pose that has a really fun vintage feel.
More Valentine photoshoots using props are:
- An umbrella and some “rain” in this super cute Raining Hearts – via Lookie Loo Photography
- You will need a baby and an arrow for this fun Valentine photoshoot idea, Baby Cupid and Arrow – via Melissa Diep
- And a large bowl full of conversation hearts is calling out for a baby in this Valentine photo idea, Baby in a Bowl – via A Walker Photography
This one is cute and casual and could literally be taken for IG in a matter of minutes.
Do you need Valentine’s Day cards?
Download these free printable Valentine’s day cards from us to you!
More Photoshoot Ideas for Kids
- I love this Up! Inspired grandparents photo shoot idea.
- What happens when little girl picks an outfit for photo day.
- We love these maternity picture ideas that will be the best memory!
- We have some easy and doable ideas for first day of school pictures.
- And grab our free first day of school signs for each grade for the perfect photo.
- Be ready for the photoshoot with picture day hairstyles for girls.
MORE VALENTINE IDEAS FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
- We have over 80 ideas for homemade kids Valentines cards
- Download & print this Valentine word search game for kids
- We have two ways to fold an origami heart – these are fun to use as photo props!
- Oh so many fun (and easy) things to do to make the best Valentines Day party for kids!
- Two homemade Valentine box ideas that you can make from things in your recycling bin.
- We have some cute Valentines coloring pages for adults and some Valentines coloring pages for kids too!
Did you get some good pictures on Valentine’s Day of your kids?