This western taco salad is full of flavor and fun to eat! We love this meal from this subscription meal plan service, and if you sign up, use the code KAB20 for 20% off your entire order.
Ingredients for Western Taco Salad
- 1 pound – turkey, ground
- 1 tablespoon – taco seasoning
- 2 cup – lettuce, romaine
- 1/2 medium – onion, red
- 2 stalk – green onion
- 15 ounce – pinto beans, canned
- 15 ounce – kidney beans, canned
- 1 medium – tomato, red
- 1 medium – avocado
- 1 cup – cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup – French dressing, reduced fat
- 4 ounce – tortilla chips
Directions for Western Taco Salad
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the turkey and cook until browned and no longer pink, stirring to crumble. Drain any excess grease.
- Add seasoning to the turkey and stir to combine; set aside.
- Shred the lettuce, slice the onions, drain and rinse the beans, dice the tomato, and slice the avocado.
- Combine all the ingredients (except the chips) in a large bowl, and toss to combine.
- Top with crushed tortilla chips, and serve cantaloupe on the side.
Want to use homemade taco seasoning instead? Try the recipe here!
1/4 cup Chili Powder
1/4 cup Cumin
1 tablespoon Garlic powder
1 tablespoon Onion powder
1 teaspoon Oregano
1 teaspoon Paprika
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground pepper
1. Add ingredients to a jar and shake well.
3 tablespoons = 1 store Taco Packet
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 12 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Calories 686 kcal
We love this meal from this subscription meal plan service, and if you sign up, use the code KAB20 for 20% off your entire order.