We had so much fun sharing these 5 Red White and Blue Treats on the first Family Food Live with Holly & Chris on our Facebook page.
Each week, Family Food Live will feature fun, easy, family recipes you can prepare for your own family.
Today’s Family Food Live featured a few summer favorites plus a few new ones.
Here’s a recap of these 5 Red White and Blue Treats
Strawberry Blueberry Limeade
Any summer bbq should start with a fresh drink. This is the perfect summer drink for a bbq or for sitting by the pool.
- Juice of 1 Lime
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- Club Soda
- Frozen Blueberries
- Frozen Strawberries
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- Add juice of 1 lime and juice of 1/2 of lemon to your glass
- Add a teaspoon of Sugar and mix together
- Add ice, a few blueberries and strawberries
- Fill up the rest of the glass with club soda
This drink also works with 7up or Sprite but then no sugar.
There are many recipes that can be created from just one watermelon. We are even going to use the watermelon as a bowl. There is a lot of buzz around this recipe. We can’t wait to try the mixture of sweet and spicy with this recipe.
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- Watermelon Slices
- Juice of 1/2 Lime
- Mix cumin, coriander, chili powder, salt, and cayenne pepper together in a bowl
- Dip the tip of the watermelon slice in the spices
- Squeeze the juice of a lime on top
Watermelon, Mint & Goat Cheese Salad
I love anything with goat cheese, but combining goat cheese with watermelon is like a dream. Add a little mint and lime and you are set.
- 4 cups Watermelon, cubed
- 6 mint leaves, minced
- 1/3 cup Goat Cheese, crumbled
- Juice of 1 Lime
- In a bowl, add watermelon cubes, mint leaves, and goat cheese
- Squeeze juice of 1 lime on top
Fruit Salad in Watermelon Bowl
I love a simple fruit salad with some sugar and lemon juice. Put it into a watermelon bowl and you have the perfect summer dessert.
- Watermelon, cut in half and cleaned out (the watermelon acts as a bowl)
- Strawberries, cut into slices
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- Juice of 1/2 of Lemon
- Cut your watermelon in half and clean out one side
- Cut the watermelon into cubes
- In a mixing bowl, add a variety of strawberry slices, blueberries, blackberries, and grapes
- Add sugar and juice of 1/2 lemon and mix
- Transfer the fruit mixture into the watermelon bowl
Red, White & Blue Parfait
Here’s a fun dessert recipe your kids can help you put together. This is perfect for a summer holiday party.
- Cool Whip, whipped cream
- Cut strawberries into bite-size pieces
- In a clear serving bowl or glass, add handful of strawberries to the bottom
- Add a layer of whipped cream
- Add a layer of blueberries
- Repeat to create a red, white and blue dessert
We can’t wait to share our favorite recipes.
Here are a few of our favorite products from this show (affiliate links)