Do you have a kiddo who can’t get enough of the ocean? Learn about the ocean with the help of technology! Explore the deep blue without even leaving the house! Here at Kids Activities Blog we have partnered with our sponsor Verizon FiOS to bring you the best TV, YouTube, apps, and websites for learning about the sea.
Educational TV, YouTube, and Documentaries About The Ocean
- The littlest learners will love the Octonauts. Cute animation, catchy songs, and lots of fun ocean facts!
- Planet Ocean is a documentary that gives a wonderful overview of the earth’s oceans.
- Go deep sea diving without leaving the couch with Under The Sea 3D.
- Disney Nature makes the ocean extra spectacular with Oceans.
- Jonathan Bird’s Blue World is ocean fun for all ages.
Ocean Apps and Websites For Kids
- Marine Missions this free app from National Geographic Kids will get kids excited about saving the oceans.
- Play and learn with Explorium – Oceans For Kids, a fun free app full of ocean facts.
- Older kids thirsty for ocean knowledge will love the free Oceans ebook.
- Oceana is a gorgeous and informative online ocean encyclopedia.
- The Smithsonian has a great website for kids called Ocean Portal.
Life on FiOS
Can’t get enough info? Check out the newly launched FiOS Lounge! It is full of fun information and quirky stories like 5 TV Characters with Awful Diets Who Look Great, Venture To Other Lands With Google Earth, and The Low Down On Downloads (and Uploads).
We also love that the super fast speeds of FiOS internet, plus all the awesome FiOS TV and Movies on Demand, make learning about the ocean (or any other subject) so much easier! Who doesn’t love frustration free learning?
A big thanks to Verizon FiOS for supporting Kids Activities Blog and letting us be a part of all the fun of #LifeonFiOS!
Coral Reef Photo by Kyle TaylorPowered by Sidelines