This easy to make DIY baby toy is sure to your little one’s favorite. It is simply perfect for baby play. Babies love faces! They are drawn to wide eyes and broad grins. They also love high contrast images. All of these loves collide in one soft and snuggly, friendly face toy. All you need are the most basic of sewing skills and a few basic materials to create this adorable handmade toy. This makes a very sweet and special shower gift. Or have an older sibling draw the face for an extra special way to show love and excitement for new baby.
What You’ll Need To Make a DIY Baby Toy
- 8″x8″ scrap of white fabric
- 8″x8″ scrap of black and white fabric
- black and red fabric markers
- sewing machine or needle and thread
How to Make a DIY Baby Toy
- Cut your fabric into 7″ circles. I find the easiest way to do this is to cut a circle of paper and use it as a guide.
- On your white fabric circle draw a simple face. I used black for the hair, eyes, and nose. And I used red for the mouth. Be sure to set the ink according to the manufacture’s instructions, you often need to heat set it with an iron.
- With right sides facing, pin your two fabric circles together.
- Sew the two circles together, leaving a two inch gap so that you can you can turn and stuff your toy.
- Clip into your seam allowance, being careful not to cut through the stitching. This will help make your round edge smooth.
- Turn your project right side out and stuff with batting.
- Machine or hand stitch the opening closed and you are done!
Now give it to a baby and watch them squeal with delight!
Looking for more fun DIY baby toys? Check out this awesome handmade taggie toy.