Every year we set New Years Resolutions, but this year I wanted to set some New Years Resolutions worth keeping. At your New Years Party this year, make a resolution and stick to it! You can do it!
This is the time of year to make goals, resolutions, lifestyle changes. Everything starts over, so set yourself up on the right path and make this year your BEST year ¦ because you deserve it!
Lets dive right in ¦
1. Try any of the house hacks to make life easier!
2. Make breakfast every day (or at least a few days a week). These recipes will help you get started!
3. Declutter the house – clutter can cause serious stress!
4. Have everyone in the house help out with chores
5. Organize the home in 40 days – take it one room at a time!
6. Organize your home office! You can’t work well in a chaotic area (well, maybe you can, but its easier to work in an organized area)
8. Make your bedroom the coziest place in the house (via Totally the Bomb)
10. Learn a new skill (crochet, sewing or even sugar string crafts, perhaps?)
11. Start meditating. I read that one minute of meditation a day can make a huge change to our stress levels! Try it.
12. Start a blog (and earn money while you are at it!)
13. Read a good book (here are some recommendations to get you started)
14. Write a good book – you can seriously do this!
15. Work out with your kids. You can even workout while you are sitting at work!
16. Cook dinner 6 nights a week- these crock-pot meals will make that pretty easy. Just throw it in before you leave and it is ready when you get home ¦ a home-cooked meal that your family will love!
17. Eat clean and teach your family to eat clean (even if you are just starting)
18. Resist sugar cravings even when they hit you the hardest!
19. Fix yourself up every day- no more PJ’s all day long. When you look better, you feel better! (well- sometimes we all feel better in our PJ’s. haha!)
20. Stop biting your nails ¦ this is my bad habit! (keep them looking great with nail art!)
21. Keep a journal for your family to look back on
22. Volunteer – Give your time and if you have young kids, find alternatives… Send cards to the homebound or take a meal to someone going through a hard time.
23. These 25 Health Hacks for Mom are a great place to start this year!
24. Give 3 ups for every put-down. (Every time that you say something negative to your kids, give them three positives)
25. Be more patient – don’t discipline when you are angry. Take a minute to breath and then talk to your kids.
26. Teach your kids about money.
27. Combat sibling rivalry
28. Teach your kids to be responsible
29. Put your kids to bed earlier and help them sleep through the night ¦ and teach them to sleep later (they need the rest!)
31. Listen to your child when they talk- really pay attention! Stop what you are doing, look them in the eye and give them your attention.
32. Say yes when your child asks ¦ “Mommy, will you lay with me?”
33. Say YES more often, like Beauty Through Imperfection.
34. Read more with your kids and follow up by asking them questions about what they just read (have them go into detail with you!)
36. Less TV ¦ more reading. Set a limit (an hour a day, maybe?) and try to stick to it. Try a week of no-tech!
37. Potty Train your bed wetter to wake up at night (even your older child)
38. Ask your kids to fill out this after-school survey to find out what they did that day.
39. Here are a few more parenting resolutions from Meaningful Mama
40. Save enough money to allow your family to live on one income
41. Have a budget (my mom used to use the envelope system when I was younger. Every month you put money into an envelope ¦ car, shopping, groceries ¦) when that envelop is empty, you are either done or you take from another envelope.
42. Save money and be frugal with these 50 ways to save!
43. Shop only on the clearance rack (everything goes on sale) or shop without spending money by finding things in your home to reuse.
44. Spend less money on your groceries (without coupons) by buying things on sale, buying on the day old rack & watching for specials.
45. Do things around your house that are free (like organizing with items you already have!)
46. Or use coupons & save a little more – here is a little tutorial on how to use coupons to shop online at Amazon!
47. Build up your savings account! Try to only buy what you NEED, not what you WANT. Every week put the extra money that you WOULD have spent into a jar (example: If you didn’t go out to eat tonight, but you wanted to, add $20 to your jar.)
48. Try to go 40 days without spending money on anything except food, gas and bills. I tried this for lent one year and we saved a lot of money in those 40 days!
49. Sell your things! Go through your home and find things that you no-longer need. List them on Facebook yard sales or other online places like Craigslist.
50. Do more work yourself. Cut your own grass, clean your own house, cook your own meals, make your own ingredients ¦
52- Stock up on gifts while they are on sale or on clearance and save them until you need them (you can get free new mom & baby items for free. I do this!)
53. Treat your husband like you would treat a house guest (this tip is my favorite one)
55. Pursue your spouse and be intentional about it.
Or you could skip resolutions altogether and just pick a word for the year.
If you have trouble sticking to your resolutions, try this strategy. Some New Years resolutions can turn into a lifestyle change ¦ for the better! Try one that you would like to stick to! Thanks for reading & trying out a great new resolution.
Ready to organize the entire house for the new year? We LOVE this declutter course! It’s perfect for busy families!