Staying home with the kids on New Years Eve does not have to be a bore. It can actually be quite fun! There are so many creative ideas to have an exciting night of New Years fun with the kids.
We’re sharing our favorite New Years Eve activities for kids from our weekly link-up, It’s Playtime!
Top 10 Kids New Years Eve Activities
1. Grab a plastic bin or a large pan and fill it up with lots of party favors and decorations for a fun sensory bin.
2. Print out this set of three adorable New Year coloring pages. This is a super easy way to have fun and be a little festive with the kids.
3. Play charades! Make a list of holiday words on a sheet of paper, cut them out and take turns acting them out or drawing the clues.
4. Feel like you’re in Times Square with your very own sparkly New Years ball. Just a styrafoam ball, glue, sequins and rhinestones is all you need.
5. Create a family time capsule! Decorate a shoe box and then add things inside that signify your year as a family. Include photos, a list of your favorite things, ticket stubs, etc.
6. Play New Years bingo with this free printable game board. Keep track of all the fun things you see and hear during the evening.
7. Kids love making noise, and New Years Eve is the perfect time to do so. Spread colorful bubble wrap on the floor and let the kids pop it!
8. Get messy and make some party paint. Mix shaving cream, food coloring and glitter and hop in the bathtub to paint.
9. Learn about the Chinese tradition of the Lunar New Year by making a drum from paper plates and beads.
10. Make the fun last all night with these incredible count down bags. Fill smalls bags with activities for kids like a new movie, disposable camera, games etc., and label them to open at different times throughout the night.
Link up with your favorite kids activities later today!Powered by Sidelines