Sensory play is important for kids. Â We love when you can combine learning with fun! Â Halloween is a great time to explore new textures and feelings.
Here are some really fun Halloween sensory activities for you to do with your kids. Â These are from our weekly kids activity round-up, It’s Playtime! Â Come back later to see even more things to do!
8 Halloween Sensory Play Ideas
1. Â Use your orange colored rice for this HalloweenÂ sensory bin. Â Include googley eyes, fake spiders, sticks and lots of glitter!
2. Â For the babies, try making a squishyÂ sensory bag. Â Fill a plastic bag with clear hair gel and add fool coloring to make it orange.
3. Â Take your normal sensory bin and make it glow by adding glow sticks! Â Turn the lights down for this one and have some spooky fun.
4. Â A little dish soap, food coloring and a hand mixer makes a great activity calledÂ soap foam. Â Make Halloween colors and let the little ones splash and play.
5. Â Instead of using a bin, make sensory play to go with anÂ I spy bottle. Â Take all of your normal play items and put them into a bottle with some orange colored water.
6. Â Make aÂ witches brewÂ sensory bin in a large storage container and let your little ones stir it up with latels and spoons.
7. Â Here is a miniatureÂ pumpkin patchÂ to play in! Â Add in hay, dirt, ceramic small pumpkins, tractors and anything else you see at the pumpkin patch.
8. Â Use all different kinds of pumpkins in your bins; real mini pumpkins, ceramic pumpkins and paper pumpkins. Â You can also add pumpkin pie spice in the water to make it smell delicious!
Check back at 4pm every Wednesday to link-up your favorite kids activity.