I love L.A.! Yes, it’s been said before but I love my hometown; with so many great little neighborhoods, living here is like being in a small town with access to everything a big city has to offer!
10 Things to Do with Kids in Los Angeles, CA
1. California Science Center and the Space Shuttle Endeavour – Where else can you come face to face with the Space Shuttle? Seeing the shuttle in person is an experience you won’t forget. The California Science Center is made for kids, don’t miss their Ecosystems exhibit.
2. Griffith Park Observatory – Not only can you enjoy a fabulous view of the city from this hilltop observatory, you also get to explore their new and classic exhibits and a giant telescope, all for free!
3. LA Farmer’s Market – The original Famer’s Market is a collection of food stalls and shops with plently of great options for kids. Sweets, pizza, hot dogs and more….best of all parents can choose to grab a bite of more “grown-up” fare at one of their many vendors. Think a food court before food courts were invented!
4. Kidspace – Kidspace is nestled next to the Rose Bowl in the foothills of Pasadena. The musuem is made for kids and has so many great exhibits and activities. Be sure to venture out back for their dipping creek and trike path.
5. Paramonut Ranch – Part of the Santa Monica Mountains Recreation Area, Paramonut Ranch is an old movie and TV set that you can explore. It’s fun to walk down the “old” streets and imagine you’re a cowboy in a frontier town! Make sure to bring a picnic lunch for the meadow afterwards!
6. Natural History Museum – Dinosaur Hall is the Museum of Natural History’s latest and greatest permanent exhibit and will surely please the dinosaur enthusiast in your family! Also be sure to check out the museum’s extensive exhibits and the gorgeous Exposition Park Rose Garden next door!
7. Battleship Iowa – Battleship Iowa parked in San Pedro in 2013 and is not to be missed! The self-guided tour is kid friendly and a great look into life aboard a battleship.
8. Hollywood Reservoir Hike – A simple flat path that surrounds Lake Hollywood, yes, that’s right there is a lake in the middle of the Hollywood Hills! You’ll also get a fine view of the Hollywood sign. Bring bikes and let the kids ride around the 3.5 mile loop.
9. Zuma Beach - There are so many great family friendly beaches in LA. One of our favorites is Zuma Beach. Be sure to park at the south end near the Zuma Lagoon. Kids will love exploring the lagoon in addition to splashing in Zuma’s waves.
10. Franklin Canyon Park – Another hidden gem in the Hollywood Hills, this park features a lake and duck pond with a great flat path for kids. Bring a picnic lunch and imagine you are in the mountains far, far away from the bustling city at your feet!
Los Angeles is truly a city with a little bit of everything! Urban life, mountains, beaches, hiking, shopping, movie making, history, we’ve got it all!