Have fun with this Halloween food! We thought this Halloween dessert was the perfect ending to any fall meal. Gather the kids around and make these cute Pumpkin Patch Brownies for dessert. They will love decorating the pumpkin patch.
One of our favorite things to do as a family in the fall is to visit a local pumpkin patch in search of the perfect pumpkin. Since moving to Texas, we have had to find a new pumpkin patch. While this provides a challenge, it also gives us a chance to start some new traditions.
One of the things that we wanted to do was to create some fun activities each year that will be a part of the fall season beginning. So this year we made the perfect Pumpkin Patch Brownies to enjoy after our trip to the pumpkin patch. An easy, fun Halloween food to make as a family that everyone is sure to love!
Our boys especially loved that they were allowed to eat the ‘grass and dirt!’ What little boy wouldn’t LOVE that?
- 1 Boxed Brownie Mix (any brand will do, but Ghirardelli’s Triple Chocolate has chocolate chips already in the mix that make that our boys liked to think were ‘rocks’)
- 1 cup Shredded Coconut
- Green Food Coloring
- Kraft Jumbo Pumpkin Marshmallows (they also have smaller sizes that you can use to mix in to create a pumpkin patch that has large and small pumpkins in it)
How to Make Halloween Food:
1. First, bake the brownies according to the recipe on the box. (Replace the oil with applesauce a healthier treat.)
2. While the brownies are baking, combine the green food coloring and shredded coconut. Stir together well to get your desired shade of green. (Our boys loved doing helping with this, however, be cautious with the food coloring as it will satin their clothes and hands.)
3. Finally, sprinkle the coconut on top of the brownies, then top with Kraft’s Jumbo Pumpkin Marshmallows.
4. Let each person ‘search for the perfect pumpkin treat’ then enjoy! (Next year, we’ve decided that we will have to mix in the different sized pumpkin marshmallows.)
This recipe was found originally on Kraft.com - thanks for the inspiration!
More Halloween Food and Activities
Kids Activities Blog loves Halloween and Fall fun. Here are some other fun things to do to celebrate the season: